I realized this morning that it's been well over a month since I've posted anything but pictures. Mostly, nothing interesting or new has inspired me to write. I suppose this is a sort of milestone in our adventures here. Or maybe I'm just in a rut. I'd like to believe the former, that we have settled into ordinary life here.What have we been doing that could be considered "ordinary" in Saudi Arabia? Probably the same thing you've been doing: Working, going to school, laundry, meals, parenting, laughing and loving. Everyday life seems to be the same, no matter what your zip code is.
I've been trying to incorporate more structure and routine into my days and hopefully once the kids are back to school on Saturday (they've been off since March 25) I will get my muse back. We just returned from a week at the beach in the United Arab Emirates and I have some thoughts on that relaxing trip. I still have drafts about the Camel Market in Hofuf, the rest of the Egypt trip, and Skinny Cats. And Steve has started a post as a guest contributor about our evening with the Bedouins in Wadi Rum (Jordan).
So now, if you will excuse me, there's a huge basket of clean laundry to fold sitting beside me and I've got to figure out something for dinner tonight...
No comments:
Post a Comment