We all loved Jordan and hope to take another trip back to catch a couple cities/sites we didn't have time to see. Of what we did get to see, Petra and the Dead Sea were Steve and my favorites; the boys loved climbing the fascinating rock formations in the desert.
Egypt was a once in a lifetime trip. The sand and dry climate had excellently preserved the temples, pyramids, statues, mummys, etc. Some of the things we saw were over 5,000 years old - it was truly amazing. We took a very relaxing 3-day cruise on the Nile River and among other things saw the Valley of the Kings in Luxor, where over 62 tombs have been une
This was our first international trip with the kids since Michael was one. They did amazing and we are so proud of them. They're both anxious to travel again, but "after a while." I would have to agree.
I'm hoping after the holidays to take my time and show you some of the sights (don't worry - I'll limit my postings to only a couple of the best temples!) For the time being, I am in high gear trying to get ready for Christmas.
In case I don't get another opportunity before then, I just want to thank you all for your support and friendship, and wish you a wonderful Holiday season.
1 comment:
Lani! This is Tiffany, your lil' sis!! I just rec'd your newsletter and picture today. I cannot believe how big the boys are now! Send me an email when you get a chance because I don't think I have yours....or at least can't find it! :) Hope to hear from you soon!
-Tiffany
tiffany420@comcast.net
Post a Comment