Jake is becoming quite fond of making bloody visits to the emergency room here.
Unfortunately, the I'm not referring to the t.v. show.
My newest skill: removing dried blood mixed with sand out of clothing.
I can't decide which line to start with - I like them all. Oh, the joys of boys! Hey, there's another good one!
Last month Jacob fell at the park next to our house. He completely knocked himself out and cut a jagged, gaping gash in his chin. He had no recollection of even being at the park, much less how it happened or how he got home. We raced him to the emergency room and had his head thoroughly checked out. They glued his chin back together (they apparently don't use stitches anymore?). It healed nicely - all that is left is the long red scar on his chin and his mother's memories of that horrific night. We still don't know exactly what happened, and probably never will (we haven't found any witnesses - he doesn't remember who was there playing with him and no one has come forward).
Last weekend, an ordinary trip to the Jebels to find more geodes turned into another opportunity for gluing flesh back together. Curiously enough, the boys and their friends thought it would be fun to throw rocks at each other while the Dads were looking for geodes. Yes, I said "throw rocks. " Jake, being the wound magnet of the family, was the one that had the misfortune of receiving a rock to the back of this head. There was so much blood by the time Steve brought him home, that we had a very difficult time even finding the wound. We finally found a gash about one inch long. Upon entering the emergency room, some of the staff recognized Jake from the month before!
I don't expect this to be the last injury, but I'm certainly hoping that they get spread out a bit more. Thankfully the E.R. is 5 minutes away and our health care is completely free.
3 comments:
Lani,
Oh my ... Poor Jacob - I guess he is going to be your ER boy. I was cracking up as I read they were "throwing rocks." I can only imagine what your response was ... Boys and girls really are just so different; although, I do believe Jenna would have been right beside her beloved Michael.
Patti
Oh my goodness! There's never a dull moment with boys, but you are certainly having more then your fair share.
Melanie
Thanks Lani, we had a great time with you and steve and the boys. It will be fun following your thoughts.
Post a Comment