His performance consisted of three pieces, only two of which his teacher assigned. The third one (Darth Vader's theme - The Imperial March) he just wanted to learn and pestered me until I bought the sheet music off the net for him (remember what I just said about his persistence?). Miss Lydia, as well as his parents, were a bit skeptical about the difficulty of the piece but he proved us wrong. He played it well and we couldn't be more proud of him. After he finished his pieces at the recital, Miss Lydia took the stage for a moment and commented to all about the difficulty of the music he insisted on playing. Unfortunately I had already turned the video off...
Just as a side note you should watch his facial expressions, his lips in particular. What he does when he's focusing is so unique!
Here's the video if you are interested in watching. Family members: you should watch all three - Jake may give you a test when we see you this summer!
3 comments:
Loved seeing the videos of Jake playing piano. The facial expressions were great. takes lots of concentration, Daniel has taken lessons and plays a little and has some interesting facial concentration too! Thanks for sharing! -- Deanna
I am amazed at how difficult that fist song was.
Go Jake! You are talented and
wonderful.
Your Grandpa and I love you and are so proud of you.
Love, Grandma
Pretty impressive! Can't believe he's been playing such a short time! Go Jake Go!
Denise
Post a Comment