Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Day of School, ...and Michael Squarepants

The first day of school was August 30th! The humidity was so high, that I had to wait about five minutes for the camera lens to clear before taking this picture. Thus, the very annoyed look on the boys' faces. "Come on, Mom. Let's go! Who cares about a picture?" Sigh. At least I got a quick one, and I'm delighted that they were eager to get to school.


And just another picture to deliver your daily dose of laughter: Michael Squarepants! He did this at bedtime and we were laughing so hard it took us 20 minutes to get the boys settled down enough to go to sleep. Oh, the joys!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard at Michael's picture - I can't wait to show Jeff and the girls. He continues to crack me up! Glad you were finally able to get the first day of school pic. How are the boys adjusting to new school?

Lani said...

The boys are loving school! It's a relief, because they loved Moorsbridge in Michigan too. The only gripe I get is the amount of homework, which wouldn't matter where we are. It's always "too much, Mom!"

The K,1,& 2 grade counselor had a new kids club the first week - not sure what they do, but she called me over the weekend to see if I had any concerns about Jake. She said he seemed really happy and confident. As you could imagine, that was great to hear.

The kids say they never want to move again. But I think that has less to do with liking it here (even though they do like it), and more to do with hating to move.