
I'm an Aunt again! That's right.. my brother, Dean, had another daughter! I'm so very proud and excited that I can't seem to type anything this morning that doesn't have an exclamation point at the end! OK, deep breath...
Her name is Grace Leigh Keck, and she was born yesterday (Nov. 17) . She weighs exactly 8 pounds and is 19.5 inches long. Yep, Dean is going to have another tall, beautiful girl. Here is a picture of a very proud Casey holding her new little sister:

It's killing me to be so far away from my brand new niece, just as it did when Casey was born. (When Jodi was born, we were within 2.5 hours driving time, so I got to meet her right away) I'm sure we will get to see them this summer - in fact, Dean and Kathleen are now most certainly guaranteed to have a houseful of Greens sometime between July 1 and August 29.
Of my two boys, Jake has shown the most interest at the news. "A new cousin..." he said slowly. "Someone younger than me again. YES!" (to get the full effect of the statement, imagine him pumping his fist in the air as he made it).
Obviously we didn't have any daughters, so my wonderful little brother has very graciously supplied me now with three nieces (and we also have three beautiful nieces from Steve's family too, all of whom are grown or nearly grown - where does the time go?). Dean's oldest daughter Jodi (who is going to be 12 yrs. old in January) lives in Virginia Beach. We were able to see her a couple times a year when we were in Maryland - but I haven't seen her now for several years. I tried to see her this past summer when the boys and I were on the East Coast, but we couldn't hook up and it broke my heart. It's been difficult to maintain a relationship long distance, and I've got to figure out a better way.

I could gush on forever, but I do have a million things to do this morning so I'll spare you. Just know, I'll be smiling all day!
No comments:
Post a Comment