It's been quite a year - Michael probably had the longest, roughest adjustment of us all, but ended the year on a high note. He is still riding high from the variety show success, and is even making plans to run for Student Council President in the fall (that's my boy!). He started the year with 3 C's and 2 B's, and after a lot of hard work, finished up fourth grade with 3 B's and 2 A's. He seems to have found his niche socially, and we have high hopes for next year.
Jacob started the year strong academically, and finished even stronger. He really hasn't found a "best friend" yet, but has lots of boys calling and asking for play dates (we need to get another phone line and secretary to handle his schedule).
Steve was already pretty much settled in by the time we arrived last August. But we all knew he wouldn't have any issues, didn't we?
So then there's me. I'm feeling very comfortable here by this point as well. I have a good handle on what I can buy here and where to find it. We painted the interior of the house and hung curtains last month, so our house feels more like home than ever now. I have a small circle of girlfriends I know I can count on, and a larger circle of acquaintances I run into every where I go. If Michael starts the year out as strong as we are hoping, I am planning to start taking online classes with the University of Phoenix, still trying to finish that elusive degree. I've enjoyed being active physically here - the yoga classes, water running, the gym, bike rides, etc. And I have thoroughly enjoyed writing this blog. I hope you have enjoyed it as well.
See you in the Fall!
(just a note - I actually wrote this on 7/4, but didn't publish it until 7/7)
1 comment:
Lani - Have a great trip! We are soooo sad we will miss you this time around, but will hope for the next. Jenna is insistent on talking with Michael when you get back from the states since she is not going to see with him this summer. I guess for me - I keep in touch with you through your blog ... but for her - she feels there is nothing. I'll have to ponder that one and come up with a solution, as she truly misses him and talks about him frequently. Be safe! I look forward to your "blog return" in the fall as to catch up with your summer happenings.
Post a Comment