It's raining this morning! It looks like it rained all night. The gray dreary sky puts me in such a happy mood this morning!
But moving into the desert where we get less than three inches of rain each year makes me miss the rain like I NEVER thought I would. There's just something about looking out at the solid gray sky, seeing the drops of rain in puddles, and feeling the moisture on my cheeks as I walk to the car that goes straight to my soul and makes me feel at home.
Not everyone in my family feels the same way about this liquid joy. The kids came home at lunch and told me that they had indoor recess this morning. I asked why. Jake responded, "because if we went outside, we'd get WET," and then he stared at me in such way that I knew without a doubt a silent "duh" was placed at the end of that statement. I stared right back, speechlessly. My kids will play outside for hours at the park in 110+ degree heat, only coming in on my command for sunscreen and water, but they can't get WET?
It's starting to rain harder. I probably have more to say about this, but I really want to go outside now.
No comments:
Post a Comment