Monday, January 17, 2011

Should it be a Surprise?

Fate leads the willing, and drags along the reluctant.
-Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Those of you who have know us for our 21+ years of marriage know that you never, EVER write our address in ink. It's just bad judgment.

We were just remarking the other day that we've lived in Saudi for a longer time than we lived in Michigan. I really ought to know better than to tempt fate that way. No, we're NOT moving. But fate apparently thinks we OUGHT TO BE and is determined to punish us, along with those who used ink for our address...

The mail service we use in Florida is moving to a new address, so apparently WE now have a new address too. It's actually the easiest move I've ever made. No boxes required. But we've found that one of the worst parts of frequent moving isn't the packing and unpacking; it's losing touch with friends.

And one thing we really look forward to every year is getting Christmas cards from our friends and family. Even those long brag letters (they're actually my favorite). When we get our mail containing a stack of cards, I gather up every bit of control I possess to wait for Steve to come home. Then we make a couple cups of joe and dive into the cards together. And every time we move, the pile gets smaller as someone invariably doesn't have our new address or number. Sniff.

I think we'll probably send out a change of address card to friends and family, something similar to a Christmas card, using our Christmas card address list (so if you don't currently get a card from us, please let me know if you want our new mailing address). Our email address and phone number will be staying the same.

Get those erasers ready.

No comments: