Michael is a Webelos, in a den with 5 other boys. The nationalities are quite varied, which makes saying the Pledge of Allegiance at the beginning of the den meetings interesting. And the other surprising thing...rather than the Dads participating with their sons, it's an all Mom den, even the leader! Obviously I attend the meetings with him and not Steve.
Steve is Jacob's partner in a Tiger Cub den. I don't know a lot about how that is going, other than the fact that Jacob can't wait every week to put his uniform on for the meetings! He's been waiting a long time to be able to join Cub Scouts. He is also a badge FREAK! It's all about earning badges, badges, badges for that boy. I sewed the Saudi Arabia badge on the shoulder before the last pack meeting (where he was awarded his first badge, the Bobcat badge). When he found the shirt with the badge on it, he literally squealed!
Just a side note...I finally got the badges sewed on straight! Do I get any special badge myself for that???? (and yes Dawn, I managed to to it without any Kahlua!)
Here are some photos of the pack meeting:
We are so happy to get both of the boys back into this wonderful program, and have the time (Steve especially) to commit fully to it. To do it right really does take a lot of effort, but it's worth it - just like anything I suppose. And next summer when you see me, be sure to ask me to demonstrate how many knots I can tie. I bet it will be more than you!
1 comment:
That's awesome Lani! Tyler is a Webelos I this year (joined last year as a Bear). Webelos is all about badges, belt loops, pins, and anything dangly that can be attached to a uniform. ;) Two things for you re: patches: 1 - There is this stuff called "Badge Magic" which is basically an adhesive sticker you can use to attach patches (which you will be doing a lot). Really easy going on. I can buy some and send it to you if you don't have it there. 2 - Here a some web sites that you can use for Michael: http://www.usscouts.org/advance/cubscout/webbadges.asp, http://www.usscouts.org/advance/cubscout/a-sindex.asp, http://www.boyscouttrail.com/webelos/webelos-scouts.asp.
I am the Asst. Webelos Den Leader (among other jobs) this year for Tyler's den.
Post a Comment