Have you ever given much thought to the term, "sailboat race?" I certainly hadn't. I suppose calling it a race is technically accurate - they all start from the same point and whoever gets to the finish line first wins! But when I think of "racing," I think speed. There is nothing speedy about a sailboat race. Let's just say that I'm very glad there was lots of interesting shells, fish, sand and of course swimming to keep us occupied on the shore during the "race".

To be fair, there wasn't a very strong wind that day. And I'm sure that being on the boat is much more exciting than watching it from the beach. I can say now though with complete certainty that sailboat racing is a sport my type-A personality would not enjoy. This picture to the right is the guys on the boat.
We always love playing at the beach and this morning was no exception. The boys play wonderfully with Matt & Julia's girls, Heidi (5yrs) and Amanda (2 yrs). The boys are very patient and gentle with them, and love to make the girls giggle.
Aren't they cute? I'll just end with some misc. shots of the fun - you love seeing pictures, right? Thankfully, I always have control of the camera so you won't be subjected to the horror of seeing me in my swimming suit!
No comments:
Post a Comment