Monday, September 7, 2009

Two Fun-Filled Weeks in Western Washington

After leaving Michigan in July, we spent a whirlwind two weeks in "the valley," also know as Startup/Sultan/Monroe, WA -- our hometowns. Squeezed in between spending quality time with our families and friends, eating as much ham, bacon and pork loin as we could, and drinking some really nice wine....we also managed to get the shopping done. Some of the things I stocked up on were sunscreen, kids toothpaste, marshmallows, surge protectors, birthday presents and deodorant.

Highlights of our time in Western Washington included:





Going "crabbing" in the San Juan Islands with Uncle Tom and Uncle Dan








Hiking up to Wallace Falls











The family dinner at the farm with our cousins (we missed you, Jenny)







Going up the river on Uncle Joe's party barge and being brave enough to swim in the cold river (Michael you ROCK!)













Playing water tag with ultra cool squirt guns at Uncle Jim and Aunt Ruth's lake house









Mulitple card house building sessions with cousin Andrew








Exploring the Seattle Science Center with Auntie Beth and Hollee












Driving Grandpa's lawn mower












Learning how to play blackjack with Aunt Holly








Picking cherries with Grandpa











And a fabulous overnight date for Steve and I (babysitting compliments of Aunt Holly and Uncle Kelly - THANK YOU!)

2 comments:

Deanna said...

You really packed a lot of excitement into your summer with the family! Love the photos! Especially the one of Michael with the Crab and Jacob in the Cherry Tree! I am glad you got to get a night out with the hubby! loved seeing you too! - Deanna

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry I didn't get to see you guys while you were here. I should have asked for your phone # prior to you leaving your computer to come here! Next time for sure we'll have to get together! I just live in Lake Stevens! :) Looks like you guys had an awesome trip though!